China Honey Pomelo (1.2+- KG/Pc)
Pomelo is a citrus fruit originated from South and South-East Asia. Sometimes it is confused with grapefruit because of their similarities, but, technically the Pomelo is “father” of the grapefruit. Pomelo is also the largest and least acidic of all citrus fruits, nor is it sour as other citrus fruits. Although some varieties are juicer and softer than others, the fruit is usually less juicy than other citrus fruits.
Honey Pomelo is also oblate in shape like a pear. The skin is thick with a cotton-textured pith, easy to remove. The skin is green when it is young and ripe turns into shiny yellow. The flesh is also firm but tastes sweeter than the other varieties
- Origin : China
- Size (cm) : Diameter: 14cm / Length: 19cm (Average)
- Weight (gram) : 1.7Kg (Average)
- Color : Skin: Brilliant yellow Flesh: Semi-transparent
- Nutrition: Extremely rich in Vitamin C
- Sweetness / Sourness ★★★☆☆
- Rareness ★★☆☆☆
- Skin not edible
- Sensation: The flesh is firm and less juicy, it is semi-sweet and not acidic like other citrus fruits.
- Storage: Room temperature or Refrigerate
- How to eat: Use a sharp knife to Cut a "cap" of the pomelo, score four cuts in the peel from the top to bottom at equal distances around the pomelo. Do not cut into the flesh, cut the peel only, and peel of the skin. Remove the papery wall membranes from each segment, then you can eat and enjoy.