China Red Flesh Pomelo (1+- KG/Pc)
Pomelo is a citrus fruit originated from South and South-East Asia. Sometimes it is confused with grapefruit because of their similarities, but, technically the Pomelo is “father” of the grapefruit. Pomelo is also the largest and least acidic of all citrus fruits, nor is it sour as other citrus fruits. Although some varieties are juicer and softer than others, the fruit is usually less juicy than other citrus fruits.
Red flesh Pomelo is roughly and oblate shaped. Its peel is thick with a cotton-textured pith. Even though the skin is easy to remove, it can grow up deep to 5 inches.
- Origin : China
- Size (cm) : Diameter: 15cm / Length: 20cm (Average)
- Weight : 1.8Kg (Average)
- Color : Skin: Greenish to yellow Flesh: Pink color
- Nutrition: Extremely rich in Vitamin C
- Sweetness / Sourness ★★★☆☆
- Rareness ★★☆☆☆
- Skin not edible
- Sensation: The flesh is firm and less juicy, it is semi-sweet and not acidic like other citrus fruits.
- Storage: Room temperature or Refrigerate
- How to eat: Use a sharp knife to Cut a "cap" of the pomelo, score four cuts in the peel from the top to bottom at equal distances around the pomelo. Do not cut into the flesh, cut the peel only, and peel of the skin. Remove the papery wall membranes from each segment, then you can eat and enjoy.