South Africa Granny Smith Green Apple (S)
an apple a day keeps doctor away :)
Granny Smith apples have a bright green skin that is often speckled with faint white spots. The apple goes from being completely green to turning yellow when overripe. Round in shape, the fruit is hard with a thick skin, its flesh is bright white in color with a firm, crisp and juicy texture with. In flavor the apples a tart and acidic, thus, it is slightly sweet. The acidity level may possibly limits raw consumption according to some consumers. However, it remains firm when cooked or baked, making it a very popular cooking apple used in pies, where it can be sweetened.
This Granny smith from South Africa is small in size.
- Origin : South Africa
- Size (cm) : Diameter: 6.2cm / Length: 6cm (Average)
- Weight (gram) : 130g (Average)
- Color : Skin: Green / Flesh: White
- Nutrition: Granny Smith apples are good source of fiber, vitamins A and C, as well as iron.
- Sweetness / Sourness ★★★☆☆
- Rareness ★★★☆☆
- Skin edible
- Sensation: Sweet-sour, firm, crisp and moderately juicy.
- Storage: Room temperature or Refrigerate
- Best ate condition: Wash properly the apple before consumption. You can eat it raw or used in baking due to its high acidity and ability to hold their shape when baked. It is great to make pies, pastries, pancakes ect… Their sweet-tart flavor is a great addition to soups, smoothies and sauces
What is in the Order?