China Changhe Green Melon (Orange Flesh)
Changhe green melon is also known as cantaloupe and musk melon. They are related to honeydews, watermelons, cucumbers, squash and pumpkins. They are commonly round with firm, scaly skin, greyish green buff rind skin.
Some Rock melons have grooves and seams, which circle the rock melon. Rock melons all have lovely, moist, sweet orange flesh. The flesh surrounds the seeds that are in the centre.
- Origin : China
- Size (cm) : Diameter: 13cm / Length: 14.3cm (Average)
- Color : Skin: Light Yellow Flesh: Orange
- Nutrition: Vitamins A, B6 and C, also potassium, niacin and folate.
- Sweetness / Sourness: ★★★★☆
- Rareness: ★★★☆☆
- Skin not edible
- Sensation: Sweet, crunchy and fragrant when its ripe
- Storage: Refrigerate / Room Temp
What is in the order?
How to know if a Melon is ripe and ready to eat?
They should smell like fragrant flowers, that’s how you know they’re ripe. If they don’t smell, you can still buy them and let them sit out on your counter for a few days until they are just right.
When you shake a rock/cantaloupe melon, pay attention if the seeds are loose. If they are, then the melon is ripe.
When you squeeze a melon, it shouldn’t be hard as a rock, it should give a little. Now, obviously you don’t want a spoiled melon, so it shouldn’t be too “squeezable” either!
4. Stem (Anthena)
They should be fully dried and soft at the stem root