Italy Opera Santa Maria Pear [32Pcs/Carton]
Decorated with Xmas Theme Ribbons and Badges
What is in the order?
- 1 Pack x Italy Opera Santa Maria Pear [32Pcs/Carton]
In shape, the fruits are pyriform or truncated pyriform, medium/big sized. This variety is the most “generous” pear, delicious and crispy, rich in nutritional elements as well.
Characteristics of ripeness of the skin, flavour and texture: its skin color turns from green to yellow when the fruit is perfectly ripe. The skin is characterized by small pale green spots and sometime blush of red and pink if the fruits are directly exposed to the sun. Flesh is white and juicy, hard and resistant to wilting and handling. It becomes melting when fruits are ripe. Its taste is fresh and delicious.
This pear, straight from Italy is a product of Opera. Opera is the only organization of made up exclusively Italian Fruit Growers specialized in the cultivation of pears. That’s why Opera is special and has the objective of becoming the reference point for the entire chain of pear in Italy, and in the World.
- Origin : Italy
- Size (cm) : Diameter: 6cm / Length: 8.5cm (Average)
- Weight (gram) : (Average)
- Color : Skin: Pale green with blush of red and pink Flesh: White
- Nutrition: Calories, Calcium, Potassium, Sodium, Vitamin C, Phosphorous and iron.
- Sweetness / Sourness ★★★☆☆
- Rareness ★★★★☆
- Skin not edible
- Sensation:The Santa Maria pear is soft and juicy, very fragrant with a sweet taste.
- Storage: Room temp to soften it Refrigerate to keep it crunchy
Ps: Keeping the pears close to ethylene fruits (Apples, bananas, mangoes ect..) can accelerate the ripening process. Keep the pears away from Ethylene so slowdown the process.
- How to eat: Wash properly the pears, use a slicer or knife to cut the pears. It can be eaten with or without the skin. It can be eaten raw or used in some recipes.