Korea Persimmon (5Pcs/Pack)
Juicy and sweet, with hints of pumpkin and spices, persimmons are beloved in Korea and just about everywhere else. When ripe, the fruit’s skin color turns to a vibrant orange and has a light colored orange flesh. This variety of Persimmon called Dan-gam is round in shape with a flat bottom, looking like pumpkin and has a crunchy pumpkin-like flavor too. You can eat it even when it is almost ripe, with or without its skin.
When it’s ripe, this Korean Persimmon (Dan-gam) tastes sweet and the flesh gives just slightly to the touch and has a delightful crunch and less intensely sweet and somewhat fresher tasting compared to other varieties of Persimmon.
- Origin : Korea
- Size (cm) : Diameter: 7cm / Length: 4.8cm (Average)
- Weight (gram) : 148g (Average)
- Color : Skin: Light orange Flesh: Orange
- Nutrition: Vitamin A, Calcium, Iron, Phosphorus, Potassium and Sodium
- Sweetness / Sourness: ★★★★★
- Rareness: ★★★☆☆
- Skin edible
- Sensation: Soft when you touch it, sweet and slightly crunchy when you bite it
- Storage: Room temp to soften it - Refrigerate to keep it crunchy
- How to eat:
It’s best eaten when firm, or when the flesh gives just slightly to the touch.
Wash, peel and eat fresh, or add to salads for a sweet and crunchy touch.
Please note that It is often advised that persimmons should not be eaten on an empty stomach.