Pomelo Combo (Honey + Red Flesh + Yellow Flesh)
Pomelo is a citrus fruit originated from South and South-East Asia. Sometimes it is confused with grapefruit because of their similarities, but, technically the Pomelo is “father” of the grapefruit. Pomelo is also the largest and least acidic of all citrus fruits, nor is it sour as other citrus fruits. Although some varieties are juicer and softer than others, the fruit is usually less juicy than other citrus fruits.
Oblate shaped, the pomelos skin is thick with a cotton-textured pith that can grow up deep to 5 inches, but it very easy to remove.
Honey Pomelo: The flesh is firm, less juicy and somehow crunchy. The taste is not acidic, and sweetest among the Pomelos combo.
Yellow flesh Pomelo: Almost same characteristics as the honey Pomelo but tastes a bit less sweet, but Mild Sour instead
Red flesh Pomelo: This variety has a pink colored flesh. It is firm less juicy but more aromatic and also tastes sweet.
- Crunchy Type Pomelo
- Honey Pomelo - Sweet
- Red Flesh Pomelo - Sweet Sour
- Yellow Flesh Pomelo - Mild Sour
The normal price for 1 Pc of these pomelos is RM9.90, get 3 Pcs for RM24
What is in the Fruit Box?
- 1 Pc x Honey Pomelo (1 KG +-)
- 1 Pc x Red Flesh Pomelo (1 KG +-)
- 1 Pc x Yellow Flesh Pomelo (1 KG +-)
- Origin : Malaysia
- Weight : 1.5 to 2Kg (Average)
- Nutrition: Extremely rich in Vitamin C
- Sweetness / Sourness ★★★☆☆
- Rareness ★★☆☆☆
- Skin not edible
- Sensation: Sweet-sour, not acidic like other citrus fruits.
- Storage: Room temperature or Refrigerate
- How to eat: Use a sharp knife to Cut a "cap" of the pomelo, score four cuts in the peel from the top to bottom at equal distances around the pomelo. Do not cut into the flesh, cut the peel only, and peel of the skin. Remove the papery wall membranes from each segment, then you can eat and enjoy.